10.30.2005

Marius

Our cat Marius died Saturday, October 29th, 2005 of complications associated with feline cardiomyopathy. He was a black cat with sonar patches between his green eyes and his ears. He was pure love. As I worked on my dissertation, reading in the afternoons, he would lay on my legs. He was always trustworthy and I would let him out on "patrols" in the morning. When he'd had enough he came in and let me know how great it was outside in the greensward. He easily made friends with other cats and on two occasions brought friends over and tricked me into thinking they (black cats also) were him. He loved to play "birdie" and was lightning fast with his paws. He loved to cuddle in our nest and he earned the name "heavy paws" for his heavy pawwork which he would deploy on top of us. He loved getting under the covers, especially on cold winter nights and paw us around the neck and mouth. He instantly knew when to be hidden and when to come out and I would always find him in just the right place. He had a sponsorship with the Nutro Corporation and twice daily was fed on their product. He was the best buddy a guy could have. He was buried under a young ash tree atop a morainal mound in the Northern Kettle Moraine Forest. The trees were in full color and in the cloudless sky, the sun shone. I love you Buddy, forever.