9.24.2006

The Second Harvest

The old puerto rican lady was visiting her son next door. She and I went way back to the beginning with the garden. I had given her serranos and jalapenos, cherry peppers and a few tomatoes. After I weed whipped the edge of the garden she approached me and told me
"you'd better get those tomatoes" She advised me to pack them green into boxes, cover them with newspaper, and put them into a dark closet.

So thats just what we did with the help of William's son, Andrew.

And as I was packing the grape tomatoes--loads of them--into two boxes, she returned and reached out her arms and I gave her one of the boxes. In an instant, the divinity had provided the natural returning again through divinity back to one of its chosen forms. A spiritual transaction, as it were, between myself and the primordial elemental divinity. Her manifestation in physical form, a mere vessel for her supernumery dispensations and indulgences.